Scholar Practitioners as Program Evaluators

Evaluating and for early childhood program?

 Will this course help prepare me for Administrative Leadership in the Early Head Start and Head Start education program?

Everything that I learn how to evaluate and accomplish these goals, I will become a leader and advocate this information gained from this course transition into Early Head Start and Head Start programs Education for young children.  This course will provide research on assessing and evaluating education programs and what criteria should be a measurement tool.  This course will help promote positive outcomes for young children and their families. I feel like Supporting Early Childhood Programs’ is perhaps the most vital course in the E.Ds. in Early Childhood Education program.  As I move to the completion of this degree program, this will help prepare me to lead in education. Evaluate program policies in the area of early childhood development in learning in education. Being a part of leading is establishing clear goals and evaluating the progression to reaching these goals.  This leads effectively evaluating early childhood programs in comparison with state and national standards.

One of the main questions that I have is how the information I gained from this course transitions into Early Childhood Programs? 

Is there a program evaluation a tool that is the effect this course will also help transition and benefit my current teaching position in the early childhood classroom.  Learning to evaluate and support the education programs and Early Childhood childcare programs will allow me to transition into a more leadership role within the early childhood Head Start program. According to the reading, Epstein (2003) advocates holding a program accountable for quality assessment. I agree with Epstein. If we want our students to be life-long learners, we must create positive social change in our school.

My goal is to apply what I have learned to improve and interventions for young children and their families using what I have learned.  The transition from the classroom into a more leadership role within the Early Head Start Program making an education change in and improvement.  This degree program and course allow for this transition to take place.  My ultimate goal is to become an Early Childhood Leader for learning for Early childhood and Head Start.  Therefore, learning how to evaluate and support education programs would be vital in my future. A leadership role would be evaluating teachers and others and this learning outcome and the school progress.

Reference:

Epstein, A. S. (2003). Holding your program accountable: Introducing High/Scope’s new preschool program quality assessment (PQA). High/Scope ReSource, A A magazine for Educators, 11–14. Retrieved from https://web.archive.org/web/20150321075739/http://www.highscope.org/file/Assessment/PQA.pdf

 

Comments